Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Profiles of co-workers, Part 2

JEAN
At the hospital, I am called a telemetry monitor technician (hereinafter "tele tech"). Among the tele techs, there has been turnover and sick call ins and 1 tele tech is sometimes missing from the shift when it definitely takes 2 people. 2 teletechs to watch between 70-100 patients. Many times, we've had an excellent nurse named Jean fill in as tele tech when the 2nd tele tech is gone.

It's always a sweet pleasure to work with Jean. She looks like a thinner version of Halle Berry with straight, short hair. She's one of those awesome people (they are usually female, it seems) who illuminate a positive, happy glow to others they come into contact. They smile a lot, they are not rude, negative or backstabbing. They appeal to their counterparts' better instincts. They seem to literally glow and feeling that glow, you feel happy just being around them and even more lucky that you work with them! Jean is so sweet she would never complain about the room being too cold (guys, in general seem to like a room considerably cooler than women do). But since, I admire her so much I would never subject her to the room getting too cold so I make sure it's 75 or warmer. I worked with her tonight and no matter how much work there was or how serious the patients problems are, it was a wonderful shift because of the sweet co-worker I was with.

Jean is happily married w/ 2 daughters which is obviously no surprise because someone that sweet couldn't stay single!

No comments: