I like the whole vibe of youth. It is one of the reasons I love rock n roll and subscribe to Rolling Stone and follow sports. My 20s weren't the best time of my life, but I certainly learned a lot including but not limited to learning how to be an adult. Of course, I still have a lot to learn about life. Everyone should dispense good advice when we can, but all should be "students of life" and learn a lesson whenver it comes along. 1 of my 2 closest friends is 23. We have what I call a "finite relationship" insofar as there is a limit to it. We will always be platonic, and it's extremely unlikely it will ever be romantic.
Anyway, at my new job I work in a crowded room with 6 20somethings. They are all goin' to law school and are in the 2nd of 3 years of school. 4 of them are quiet and hard working. But there are 2 of them who we will call Mac & Kate. Kate was given a project and asked for my help. I ended up doin' the rest of it which wasn't what she said. Oh well, no big deal. AFter lunch one day, she sweetly and impressively came in singing the "Scotch Song" as she had 3 of them during lunch . I was rather impressed with her creativity (she made the song up) especially in her "altered state". She proceeded to sit at her work station, tell us she didn't feel like workin' and surfed the 'Net for an hour. Mac is a little different insofar as he has learned a lot more at the firm and helps me every now and then. Couple weeks ago, while everyone (but Kate) was workin' he was callin' his travel agent & cancelling plans to go to Montego Bay because he was fighting with his girlfriend.
THen I learned that Kate & Mac went on a double date. Kate loves to talk about how much she loves her live-in (that's good). So when Kate & Mac went to the restaurant with their significant others, they excused themselves to go to the bathroom went to the alley by the backdoor of the restaurant and got "quickies" while their significant others sat there at the table totally unaware, drinkin' water and makin' polite conversation.
Sometimes, when they're bored at work, they'll instant message each other because their conversation is too embarassing to say out loud. So you hear them sittin there and snicker and laugh.
Must be nice to have so much fun @ work! If you think I am upset with them, I'm not, maybe a little jealous with all their fun and bright future.
But the breezy attitudes sometimes gets to me because I have a strong sense of fun too, and I get easily distracted. In order to get work done, rather than enjoyin the Mac & Kate show, I brought in my Walkman (too poor, old school and analogue to buy an I Pod) and drowned out hearing them. That's helped.
There's so damn much work to do! I can't help but be impressed w/ Mac. He works fast and is on very good terms with the lawyers; in fact, he partied with one of them at Montego Bay. I thought when he told me about that, he was B.S'ing me, but learned later he wasn't.
When I was in my 20s I remember drinkin' a lot but not havin' as "breezy" an attitude as Kate. I wonder how she'll do fare during the rest of law school? I wonder what kind of lawyer she'll be. Many of the lawyers I know, work 10-11 hr days. I just don't see her doin' that. Wonder if she will even graduate law school seein' as she regularly misses classes.
Wonder if I should even give a damn, probably not. BUt it's nice that they make things intersting in the Clerk's room.
by the way, I had to use an apostrophe and Ctrl +V for the "g" key as it was broke. thank you for your patience!
4 comments:
Yeah, being young is cool but there's so much value to age.
Thanks for your comment on my post. It's nice to know people are at the same place as you. Lonliness is quite the paralyzer at times!
& there's nothing you can do about it but keep trying.............
hey. Yeah... I am living in Madison right now. I was right near chicago for a little while there. Carol Sream... sound familliar? But yeah.... Just wanted to say hi, sense you commented. I never get any comments. It was nice to see. Well... take care!
hey. Yeah... I am living in Madison right now. I was right near chicago for a little while there. Carol Sream... sound familliar? But yeah.... Just wanted to say hi, sense you commented. I never get any comments. It was nice to see. Well... take care!
Post a Comment