Tuesday, August 18, 2015

LinkedIn really annoys me sometimes


Linked In has become vital to some businesses, to people looking for jobs (like I was until Monday  when I scored one :) !)  So, I've used it to my advantage at times.

But, it's also gotten me in trouble and it can get others in trouble easily here's why.  This happened in the past, and it almost  happened a few minutes ago.  Linked In will make a suggestion about someone who ought to be  your connection.  In the process of saying "Yes, that's a good idea, I want them to be my friend/connection,"  LinkedIn will import all your contacts from places like Yahoo or wherever and ask every single, solitary person on there if they want to join you on Linked In.
So, a few years ago, I had 1 of my "flintier, high-strung" associates get an email by me through LinkedIn.
He got all upset and gave me a nasty e-mail.

Now, we can say, my associate over-reacted; we might even argue that he was being a jerk.  But I also hold LinkedIn responsible, b/c they shouldn't make it so easy to import contacts you have NO INTENTION OF CONTACTING !   They SHOULD make it much more clear that they are going to contact  all the people in your Address Book !  & is it that good of an idea that they do that in the first place?  Shouldn't they make that not so easy to do??
The fact that they don't do that is a poor reflection on such a high-powered, well-known, renowned website and organization.

No comments: