It's summer, and we decided to put Brianna in ballet class. Here she is complete with her lovely little ballet uniform.


The same Sunday I met Geddy Lee (go a few posts back to read about that), we also went to Buckingham Fountain. The Fountain is another wonderful, touristy place in Chicago.

Last weekend in June, for the first time in many years, Maribeth, the kids and I went out of state (& not just to Wisconsin either) to Minnesota. We went to my nephew, Scott's wedding. Here is the lovely bride and groom, Jennifer & Scott. We stayed in a wonderful motel (which we hadn't all done since 2000). Luckily, my younger brother and his kids were all able to be at the same place at the same pool and have some fun. Kelly, my brother, & I played pool and it was nice to "shoot the breeze" some which is something we hadn't done together in a long time. Yes, I see him several times a year, but being together in a family setting and having fun poolside are 2 completely different things. Glad we were able to do the latter 2 weekends ago.

Here's a rather unfortunate mystery. Above are 2 firecrackers. As you can see, the fuse for each are roughly the same length. So why is it that when I lit 2 firecrackers very similar to those in the picture, 1 firecracker went 20 ft. and blew up (good) and the other son-of-a-bitch went only 6 inches and exploded next to my fingers and left my ears ringing (very, very bad).

Brianna's kindergarten graduation. Funny, they didn't have kindergarten graduations in the late 60s when I was going to school.

Today, we went to OakFest. OakFest is my city's 4th of July celebration. They have all sorts of festivities: amusement park rides, pro wrestling, pie-eating contests, rock music, and plenty of beer drinking. & Brianna got to ride a horse which she thoroughly enjoyed!

This picture says it all, the love between dog and co-owner: Maribeth with Faith.
2 comments:
OHHHHH...WONDERFUL photos! Great to hear you've had fun, but sorry to hear about the firecracker. :-(((((
I've finished my job training and I've got quite a good review (each of us has to ask for an informal certificate) HE HE HE HE HE...;-D
Congrats on finishing job training!
Post a Comment