I enjoy being in my new support group on depression. I enjoy an unexpected benefit. I have an e-mail account on Yahoo, and I hate all the stupid porn offers I get. Now, since I joined the group, I get alerts from the support group that someone is writing to me or responded to one of the things I said in a forum. I'm getting so many alerts that they are crowding out the porn offers. Which is really nice, because I hated the fact that those porn offers made up a majority of my e-mails. So I opened up my Yahoo e-mail this morning, and the alerts crowded out the porn offers, but one of the offers was better mannered than the rest of those offers. It's header was "Let's be friends with benefits". Usually the offers don't speak in code. I think we all know what "friends with benefits" means (& if you don't, I'll explain), back in LaCrosse they were called "friendly friends". So I deleted that offer as I do the rest of the porn.
I continue to be surprised about all the people on the support group that want to commit suicide. There sure is a lot of sadness/melancholy in the world! It also points out how many dysfunctional relationships people have with their parents, and how much sex abuse goes on. It's appalling! I'm really thankful that I grew up in a stable household.
Maribeth came up with the idea that we should make more money. We could use it. So she gave me a phone number to join a team of mystery shoppers. Here's what happens when you are a "mystery shopper".
you are told to go to a store, you may or may not have to buy something
you are instructed to evaluate the store for its cleanliness, friendliness of the employees in the store, helpfulness of the employees, how organized the products are, and other criteria.
after you leave the store, you write a report and get reimbursed for what you bought at the store and get an additional fee, anywhere from $5-30.
Sometimes, you can shop on line, then your criteria is a little different. There are some mystery shopper groups that are bogus, so I'm going to be very careful. It certainly would be nice to make a little more money.
Maribeth & I are volunteering to be pool attendants for the condo's swimming pool. By not paying for the pool attendants, the condo saves over $9,000. This year that saviings will be less because we had to repair the pool and instead of opening Memorial Day weekend, it opened up last week. Maribeth said she enjoyed doing that. Which made me happy because when she's happy, it seems like the whole family is happy.
6 comments:
There's a strange irony to getting emails from a site dealing with many people who've suffered sexual abuse and porn emails.
Even with filters I still get the odd really pathetic email SPAM - usually wanting my money, one way or the other. Still, at least no trees die for internet junk mail, I suppose...
the sad fact of the matter is that the biggest business on the Internet is porn. It makes more money than anyother trade on the Internet. Bummer. What does that say of the human condition.
It must be shocking to hear all those tragic stories. :-(((( So much is going on in this world. That's why I once wrote in my blog that I felt that I had been "safe" in this world.
I've never gotten porn emails in my Yahoo account, BUT I've been getting bogus emails about "I've gotten this inheritance bla bla bla..."
GOOD LUCK in making more money and I'm GLAD to hear that everybody's happy! ;-D
Have you considered writing ads in your blog? I know some people don't want to do that, but if you need extra money and you spend some time to do that, you can get some extra money regularly he he...
I do the ads thing, Amel, but I had problems with one ad and Google pays in $100 increments and I haven't got my check yet from them inspite being with them since the 2nd month of '08. One ad company was real difficult to get with so I ended up giving up. There's not enough time. I see that more and more. Especially now that I spend a lot of time with this new website/support group.
Hi Vince
Just to let you know I got my computer back up and running, but lost all my current emails once my old emails and addresses were reinstalled.
In other words I lost your email, but I think you already have the answer?
:-) Somtimes things sort themselves out.
As for making money on the internet. I started my married life doing reviews - pay was awful and SLOW, but I did make some good friends through it.
Okay, I understand that you don't have too much time. No problem then. :-))))
Post a Comment