Sunday morning, for some reason we had either VH1 or MTV on.
I heard the video/song Kid Rock's "Amen" He talks about some of the things that are wrong with this country, but sadly enough, doesn't venture very far outside the cliche or the superficial. Here is one part that I took particular exception. He sings,
"...these wolves in sheep clothes pastors/Now damnit I'm afraid to send my children to church"
Sexual abuse among the clergy is a terrible, deplorable problem which has given the Church a very, very black eye. But Kid Rock's above lyric sounds and is stupid in several ways.
Afraid to send your kid to church????
I heard the video/song Kid Rock's "Amen" He talks about some of the things that are wrong with this country, but sadly enough, doesn't venture very far outside the cliche or the superficial. Here is one part that I took particular exception. He sings,
"...these wolves in sheep clothes pastors/Now damnit I'm afraid to send my children to church"
Sexual abuse among the clergy is a terrible, deplorable problem which has given the Church a very, very black eye. But Kid Rock's above lyric sounds and is stupid in several ways.
Afraid to send your kid to church????
Really? & how many priests abuse kids right in the middle of a church service? It would seem to me that going to church is one of the safest places to be. Also, why is Kid Rock sending his child to church, why the hell isn't he going to church with the child??? Are we sleeping off a hangover from partying on Saturday night??
It just goes to show you that when some people make criticisms it sometimes reveals more of the person who is doing the criticizing than it does the subject of criticism.
No comments:
Post a Comment