Monday, January 01, 2024

Back to Square One!

In the fall of 2007, after losing 30 lbs in a little over a month, I started suffering insomnia.  Mostly, it was going to sleep ok, but then habitually waking sometime after 2 AM.
I suffered another illness and lost 22 lbs this year.  The illness turned me grayer. 
I am more liked and admired, yet I felt lonely without her. 
I was cured this fall, but I wonder what will come next. 
I laugh at some who know me.  One woman very close to me said once I should lose 100 lbs.  I can only smile at that, because she did so out of  benevolence.  
Now, I'm thinner.  Now what?

I know what's wrong with certain issues in society, and I even know how there could be improvement!  People agree with me, but how many?  
That's what you need to know about politics.  Politics has simple math.  You won with votes, you lost without them. 
I assert that those who feel the 2020 election was stolen drank too much Kool-Aid.  They swam in the ocean of facts, and the ones they didn't like they called  "fake news."  

Many of the people who say the election was stolen are not stupid.  It gets down admitting a simple concept.  As time goes on Caucasians will be a smaller percentage of the population of the US. 

To those election deniers I assert this!
Why did your president lose in 2020?  Why did he lose and lied and poison the body politic with "stolen election" propaganda?
Because the demographics WERE AGAINST YOU! 
You lost the vote with Blacks, Hispanics and women.  The accurate sources state that Trump was so loud and shrill that a large proportion of  educated middle class voters VOTED AGAINST him swinging the election to Biden.  

The Chicago Tribune has endorsed the Republican candidate in every single single since 1876.  Did you get that or should I repeat it again. 
LET'S REPEAT.
The Chicago Tribune endorsed every Republican presidential nominee from 1876 to 2016.  
The dramatic, traumatic, angry Election of 2020...........
The one where people were either part of the problem or part of the solution.
They either chose to stop spreading COVID, or they chose to invoke
 LIBERTY!
"My mind is made up.  DON'T confuse me with the facts!"
There's so many facts!  Do you have the correct sources?   

Don't believe me?
Ok that's just fine.  Sure,  you accuse me of being partisan, and you may be right. 
Go with a source where the editorial board is a majority of conservative thoughtful Republicans.  Yes, conservative thoughtful Republicans. 

They stated prior to the election of 2020: 

....This editorial board has not spent the past four years stricken by every Trump tweet or off-the-cuff remark. On issues of the day, we have opined on the specifics of his record while refraining from overwrought, knee-jerk criticism, recognizing the disenfranchisement felt among the 63 million Americans who elected him. We understand that millions of voters were drawn to him precisely because he is unconventional and pugilistic, and that is not necessarily a drawback....

But at the end of the day, Trump flopped in key areas of basic decency and discipline that did real harm to the country. We called him out on that too.

He behaves as a bully who cannot control his impulses, offering biting, defensive and childish responses to those who question his tactics. In moments when the country needed inspirational words from a president to unify, Trump could not deliver. Ever the partisan, rarely the statesman, Trump used his bully pulpit for self-aggrandizement, and in so doing often stirred the worst impulses in others too.

So to those election deniers I say: 
The Late Justice Scalia said that upset Democrats should get over the Bush v. Gore which ended the 2000 presidential election. 
We did.  It's really a shame your ignorance of demographics (larger group of minorities, smaller proportion of Caucasians) poisons, STILL POISONS YOUR MIND!!!!

No comments: