Yesterday, Saturday was a bit of a disappointment. I woke up very tired.
I was in slow motion during the morning. I really wanted to go biking but there was so much else to do that I was absolutely overwhelmed. I was so overwhelmed that I'm planned on the spur of the moment to ask management at the firm if I can take a vacation day next Thursday. That way I can install a window that was broken, BIKE, and take care of other chores.
The morning got worse. MB just got 2 airconditioners and she's got them going on "COOL" and the temp in the low 70s. I took it off COOL and put it on "Energy Saver". I mean, hell, she complained about the electric bill being $200 last month. I told her it would be $300. She said, "That's ok, at least we won't get sick from being hot". Who's been sick?? no one. I was being yelled at for trying to save electricity and money by moderating the air conditioners some. Wouldn't most people like it when their spouse tries to save them some money?? Well, it was good of her to buy us air conditioners. The one we had was old, and it's asking a bit much for expecting that little thing to cool the whole condo.
Then, I paid a couple bills, took them to the post office. My youngest, Brianna, got invited to another birthday party. Honestly, she's only 8 and she has twice the social life that I do. I took her to get 2 birthday gifts (she was going to a birthday party today and just got the invite to the one tomorrow), I did laundry, fixed her sandal, took her to her party. Then I played ball with my son and his friend. & through all the activities, I said, no way am I going biking. It's too much. I was fighting fatigue through the afternoon amid all the stuff I was doing.
I beelined it to the bed as soon as I got done playing ball w/ my son and laid there for at least 3 hrs. But then I got up and watched SNL and futzed around the computer for awhile. Like I'm doing now.
The weekend brings its own complications, b/c I refuse to take Lunesta to go to sleep. No Lunesta makes me go to sleep much much later. Now, I could take a Benadryl to go to sleep instead, but DAMN(!!), do I have to live like fucking Elvis (the one who took a pill for everything he did)!! Then the next day starts considerably later. I was advised by me Dr. not to take Lunesta 7 days a week. & with it's rotten side effect who the hell would want to??!!?? I have "metal mouth" when I take it. I basically have a metallic taste on my tongue and can't drink water b/c that really doubles the metallic taste!
It's like I said before. The Lunesta advertisement is that a purple butterfly flies around benificiently spreading stars everywhere, and people smile and say "good night" and sleep tight. Now, if there was truth in advertising, they would show the butterfly climbing in someone's mouth and leaving a fecal deposit on their tongue.
I'll continue to struggle and hope I bike a helluva lot more this week than last. Oh well, at least, my daughter is happy.
1 comment:
Oh dear...sorry to hear about the sleeping problem...and about air-con...yeah, it's better to save as much money as possible. On the contrary to there (here it's never that hot - even if there are HOT days, it only happens max. 3 days in a year) - so we try to cut back on heating in spring/early summer. Can't possibly cut back on heating in winter 'coz during the nights it'll be really cold.
Hope you get to bike more later!!!
Post a Comment