Monday, February 15, 2010

2/15/2010 is Presidents' Day

I memorized the presidents back in 1970 when I was 7 yrs. old. I think that had a big determining factor in my vocational decisions.


I still have all of the presidents memorized.

So wanted to share a little presidential trivia.

Easy way to win a bet.

1. Ask a fairly smart person how many people have been president & make a bet

2. They'll say 44

3. Win the bet and collect (there are only 43 men who have been president. 1 president, Grover Cleveland, is counted twice. He is the 22nd and 24th president. Why is that? Because he's the only 2 term president that served non-consecutive terms)

I grew up in a small town and that's a place that lends itself to rumors. So when I memorized all the presidents, they started spreading the rumor that I knew all the presidents and all of the presidents' wives and pets too. I DON'T.

But there is 2 things I can do (besides reciting the presidents in order or reverse order)

If you give me a # between 1-44, I can tell you the name of the president.

If you give me any year between 1789 - 2010, I can tell you who was president.

3 comments:

Amel said...

WOW!!! That's quite a feat. Since Indo presidents aren't too many, it's easy for us to remember them...but the US has so many!

OK, I'll go and test you now...number 27 and year 1815 he he he...

Qualityservice44 said...

Amel, you never disappoint! You're the first person to ask. I'm sooo happy to oblige.

1815: 4th President James Madison, Father of the Constitution

27: William Howard Taft (biggest president ever weighing in at well over 300 lbs.)

Amel said...

WOW!!! BRAVOOOO!!! :-D My pleasure to test you he he...