**Opening line of Willie Nelson's first hit back in the mid 70s. We're not counting him penning Patsy Cline's "Crazy".
What good is a date that doesn't have much money??? In suburban Chicago, the answer is not much. As most of you know, I left the as-hole partners at the law firm, for a full-time gig at the hospital. I don't have to work 56 hours a week anymore, so I have more time to spend with my kids and the condo presidency.
But less time at work necessarily means less money from work. I thought maybe the overtime I was getting would mean more but apparently not. Part of it is the simple mathematics, Illinois law says any mother who has an "ex" & has 3 kids, gets 32% of his paycheck. That's fine with me;I'm just making an observation. The other thing is that taxes get another 25%. So 57% of my paycheck is not mine.
But I am emotionally ready to date. I know why I got a divorce, I know what mistakes I made in the relationship and I really want to move on in life. But I can't because, I, as a proper date, have to make things "free" for the woman I date, and that's hard now. I spent the last 30 hours figuring out how to meet all my expenses and explain things to my creditors about not getting as much money as they actually were expecting from me.
So the dating action has to wait. No sex, no drugs, but still plenty of rock n' roll. Too bad the only places I hear it is work, home alone and in the car. My sister-in-law says to spend every moment I can with my kids because she thinks my ex is crazy.
Don't I deserve to date? Well, it's not a matter of "deserving" it's all a matter of financially earning. Is there a woman out there who would like to be a "sugar mommy" (female counterpart to "sugar daddy") very unlikely. But if any reader out there knows of one, I will work the rest of my life to make it worth their while. (either by being a reference or being one)
But seriously, the job is going well; the presidency continues to challenge as I mediate disputes and life could be better but it's up to me to improve it!
No comments:
Post a Comment