Sunday, June 06, 2021

One of the BEST sayings I know & live by

KNOW HOW TO TAKE A HINT

I saw a list of sayings in a magazine back in 2004; they were in an ad for a bank. 

The one that became the most meaningful and helped me the most through the rest of my life was "know how to take a hint."  I remember showing a close friend the saying. She was a woman younger than me. Our relationship didn't end well, sadly enough.  But she read this saying and looked at me and said, "well can you?"  I should have said "no"  or "not very well."  

There are so many misunderstandings in life.  I want to tell you something, especially to the women reading this.  If you have something to say to someone especially if they should back off (& I'm not necessarily saying this about a dangerous situation) and not be so emotionally close, DON'T SEND MIXED MESSAGES. Please understand that some people are dense.  A guy will wish he was with you that he doesn't want to understand or take into account any discouraging or "let's play it cool" hints you send to him.  The last thing you should do is give him any encouragement or even compliments!  DON'T SEND MIXED MESSAGES. You want to be socially graceful and not mean, but any kind of encouragement will necessarily mean a "green light" to him!  Don't give it to him!



When I took this saying to heart, I saved a lot of women who I have come to know a lot of awkward moments.  I learned to take a hint.  When I was really infatuated in an online relationship well over 10 years ago, instead being the stupid "puppy boy" that was encouraged by any encouragement I was given, I learned to take a hint.  I still wanted more out of the relationship, but I read her cues better than I did with any other woman.  & it paid off!  It helped me with the relationship I am in right now with the love of my life.

When I mess up, I can attribute it to not taking the hints that I should have. But I sure am trying.  We all need to be students of life!


No comments: