I put in my opening line, that I don't want plutocrats dominating our national capital. & they haven't quite yet, b/c of President Obama. Plutocrat/plutocracy = rule by the rich. Our Constitution wasn't about rule by the rich when it was made. We didn't overcome the Great Depression and World War II by rule by the rich.
Historians agree that the GREAT DEPRESSION STARTED BECAUSE THE WEALTH DISTRIBUTION WAS DISTORTED WHERE TOO FEW PEOPLE HAD TOO MUCH MONEY. It wasn't caused by Welfare cheats or too much government. THE GREAT DEPRESSION WAS CAUSED BY TOO LITTLE GOVERNMENT.
& NOW THE SAME THING HAS HAPPENED AGAIN. 1% of the richest percentile in OUR NATION own 50% of American wealth.
It is for that reason that I joined Occupy Chicago. Last night, I took my son, Ted and his friend Nate to the rally. It's time to fight back against the lobbyists fighting for the rich. It's time to fight against guys like Congressmen Eric Cantor and Paul Ryan, bastards that care nothing about the poor and the lower middle class. They are assholes that are paid by the rich when they ran for office and work for the rich. It's that simple. They bought the rich's line about how to make this nation better and it was done from 2001 - 2008 when Bush was in office and he had a Republican Congress.
Keeping the rich's taxes too low DOESN'T LEAD TO PROSPERITY, IDIOTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE INCOME TAX RAISE OF 1993 DID CONTRIBUTE TO PROSPERITY and you don't have to believe me, believe an economic leader like Alan Greenspan, A REPUBLICAN, and the Federal Reserve chairman of the US during the 90s WHO said that the Clinton tax raise cut the deficit & that led to the nation's longest prosperity EVER . (1992 - 2001)
HOW can Paul "Shame of Janesville" Ryan fight so hard for rich people not to even pay taxes. How can he & other just continue to cut money for road construction and infrastructure improvements. Their real aim is to help those who financed their campaigns and fuck everyone else. They don't want to help the nation they want to continue to help the rich which is how it was done from 2001-2009. Bush adm. put us in a huge hole, and they want us to believe it's all Obama's fault.
So, I participate in the Occupy Wall Street-Occupy Chicago movement. I bought bottled water for the people that are at the Federal Reserve building at Chicago 24/7 for over 3 weeks. I gave them more permanent markers to make signs. I like some of the ones below, as you can see.
the 1st 4 pictures are obviously self-explanatory. This last picture is of the drummers. When you go to the protest site, the 1st thing you can do is hear it, not see it. There are the protest drums and this is Ground Zero of the drummers and the chants. The best thing I heard all night wasn't the speeches. It was as we were driving away. It was Ted's 13th birthday, yesterday. As we were driving away. He thanked me for taking me to the protest. His friend Nate, loved it too !





1 comment:
Participating in a good cause is a good experience, eh? :-D
Post a Comment