for about 20 yrs. I very reliably took a size 12. But then my foot changed. We had a nice woman work at our firm as a consulting nurse. So, I asked her why (back in about 2008 or so) I suddenly couldn't wear a size 12 on my right foot anymore. In that year, probably the fall, my little toes were getting pinched and at first, I didn't realize what was going on until I saw that those toes were very bruised.
Halina explained that as we get older, sometimes people older than 40 (especially those w/ weight issues) get wider feet. Since I am somewhat overweight, my right foot apparently widened to the point I was forced to either get a 13 or a 12W (w=wide). So, I gave the shoes to my son, who wears the same size as I do (before my feet widened), a 12.
He kept them in good shape b/c in the 2 yrs. after they were bought, Andy has only been to about 4 formal occasions. So, with so little wear, the shoe is great.
A few weeks ago, I ran an errand and used those shoes. They fit fine. I figured since I was only wearing them for 20 min. they wouldn't pinch my little toes too much. & my toes were fine. So, I kept wearing them.
Today, for the first time ever, I am wearing those once-tight shoes to work, and my feet and toes feel great. I have a picture of them below. My wallet is feeling good too, because I paid about $30 for those shoes !
Something very strange happened that I discovered yesterday. There was a nice pair of dress shoes I bought, they didn't fit b/c of the above problem
1 comment:
Interesting post. I never heard about this...glad to hear the shoes fit again. :-D
Post a Comment