Friday, September 03, 2010

Maribeth got on TV !


Plus, we were all real proud of Maribeth, b/c she was on the 10:00 news last night!!!!! As I told some of you already, she works at a very big hospital, Loyola Univ. Med. Center. They are using robotic doctors. A robot goes down the hall into a patient's room. & like a teletubby, there's a TV on their belly, and that's a doctor who speaks to a patient. They say the robot is very instrumental in rapid response, b/c if a patient is going bad and into a near lethal condition, the robo-doc can get to the patient's room quickly and take the patients blood pressure, run tests on the patient and give the doctor info that will tell him which drugs or which treatment to use.


So anyway, the 10:00 news in the Medical Feature series showed the robo Doc going into the patient's room and there was Maribeth "in the flesh" standing next to the patient. They showed her several times in fact. She was clearly happy and proud and quipped, "well there's my 3 min. of fame". She does not enjoy being a nurse, but I asked her if her being on TV as a nurse made working at Loyola more worth it and she said yes.




1 comment:

Amel said...

OOHHHHH YEAAAHHH!!! GOOD for her! :-D :-D :-D

Just a few months ago I was reading about this robotic surgeon in Reader's Digest (the Finnish version). I started thinking...hmmm...would they in the future replace human doctors/surgeons???