
I received word a month ago that Dad was in bad shape mentally and that it looked like he had Alzheimers. It didn't seem that way when we were there. (But my brother who told me sees Dad more than I). My older brother did say he has bad and good days, and he has already been getting tests for his memory. So, I'm not sure what to think.
It's interesting to see the interaction between Mom & Dad. I can't fault too much of it their marriage has lasted 61 years and counting and I couldn't even get ours to last a decade. Still, it bothers me some the way he orders Mom around the house. I was hoping if he was actually "out of it" then he was not giving so many orders to Mom. It really was a different mindset between man and woman back in the 1940s when they 1st got together.
Anyway, things are back to normal and all the bags are all unpacked. My WalMart transaction hasn't shown up on my checking account statement so I am hoping and praying that I can get my paycheck into the band on time tomorrow and they will credit that before they credit the electronic Walmart transaction. It still makes me angry that I was weak enough to buy the shoes. Even though they were not that much money (less than $30) it still would be enough to put my checking account into an overdraft, so I could've waited. Someday, I'm going to write an essay on how our financial condition seems to "define" us!
Also, Brianna has learned to tie her shoes. She ties them loosely, however, and so she has to keep tying them (practice). I just hope and pray that she doesn't lose heart and give up on tying shoes. So far so good. It is NOT an easy skill to teach! Now if we can just get her to tie them tightly rather than loosely.
1 comment:
Ah...so sorry to hear about this. My FIL's been diagnosed with Alzheimer's last year, too. It seems to me that the condition hasn't gotten worse.
However, my Dad has changed after he suffered from semi-stroke last year. He's more forgetful now and though he can function well, sometimes it seems his logic is "corrupted". For example: he keeps on throwing garbage to a place where he's not supposed to do that. And the bad thing is, these days my Mom doesn't dare remind him of "how to do things right" or "when he should eat his medicine or meals" since he'd snap at her. :-((((
At least my FIL doesn't snap at my MIL and they're still living happily together.
I hope and pray that my Dad won't snap anymore. These days it's just SO hard to put some sense into his head and I'm sad about this. :-(((
Now I'm rambling!!! Anyway, your parents' marriage is SOOOOOO long already? WOW!!!!!!!!!!!
And I'm sure Brianna will learn to tie up her shoes well later on. ;-D
And wish you LUCK about the paycheckkkkk!!!!
Post a Comment