The contrast of Sunday morning and this morning could not have been more stark. Yesterday, I was in bed, sleeping late or reading the papers while I was listening to good music when I wasn’t getting my daughter to and from CCD. The bed felt, oh so nice!! It was so nice, so undemanding. Even the kids helped and didn’t ask me to get out of bed and help them with things. My God, I was so content. & I knew it would be so different 24 hours later.
This was one time I wish I wasn’t so right. This morning, I woke up about a ½ hour before the alarm went off. I still let the snooze alarm go off once in a feeble attempt to sty in the place that was my refuge (the bed). I got up later and Maribeth was in a foul mood and getting upset with our oldest son because he couldn’t locate his keys.
Then, it also hit me that we have the problem with the pool at the condo, and there’s no real solution to getting it fixed or even a timetable to getting it fixed. I felt terrible, getting ready, driving to the train, being on the train. It didn’t even help getting some Rolos candy which I usually enjoy.
All the words of consolation were like so much water falling into a big fire. Here’s how I feebly tried to cheer up:
Well, at least I have a job, it would be worst if you didn’t have anywhere to go on a weekday morning………..SSSSSSSSST! (sound of water hitting fire)
If I didn’t have a job, I wouldn’t be able to help or do anything for my household, that’s what would be depressing……….SSSSSSSSST
There’s so many people in the world who are worse off than I. Heck you could say that well over ½ the world is considerably worse off than I………..SSSST & everyone you know at work and at your club has a house whereas you have a limited little condo. Everyone around you is driving a nicer car, has a better paying job and has a nice home. YOU LIVE IN OAK FOREST, AFTER ALL!!SSSSSSSSSSSSSST!
So, I sat there and took it one minute at a time. I was too upset and down to take it 1 day at a time. I would just go through the motions and do what I normally do.
Then finally, late in the morning, early afternoon I felt better. There was enough to think about at work, and enough that I got off my chest about our pool problem that I simply felt better. Let’s hope that nothing goes wrong for the rest of the day.
Then finally, late in the morning, early afternoon I felt better. There was enough to think about at work, and enough that I got off my chest about our pool problem that I simply felt better. Let’s hope that nothing goes wrong for the rest of the day.
& I am thankful that I do live in a decent place with a decent car and job, & the Lord is in my life. The morning was a sign that he needs to be in my life more so that I can deal with these situations better.
2 comments:
It's amazing how our thoughts effect our mood! The Lord's grace can enable us to make mighty changes in our lives (I'm not talking about sin; His grace also covers our mortal weaknesses!).
You don't mean sin. You mean Christ changing the outlook that we have as we meet our daily challenges, as we take up our own cross, right?
Post a Comment