Sunday, January 20, 2008

A week later, the Packers lose




Ok, first the pictures, this is about Ted, so he is the boy to the right of Santa, and in the 2nd picture is the boy in the white t-shirt. Today, at 5:30 pm.....it looked so hopeful. Packers are at home. They are favored to win by most of the experts (bookies said by 7). Favre doesn't play well, the defense doesn't play that great, and Plaxico Buress of the other team (N Y. Giants) lights up the Packer secondary for over 200 yards. Green Bay Packers are beaten by Giants 23-20. Giants are going to go to the Super Bowl and get their ass whipped by the New England Patriots. Why do I think the Patriots are going to win? Because their QB, Tom Brady has had an astounding season, one of the top 5 seasons a QB has ever had. They have few, if any, weaknesses, and they have many, many strengths.

This is not good. There are 2 things that kind of console me. No one thought the Packers were going to play in the NFC Championship back on Labor Day, September, 2007. Then the Packers win 13 games, only lose 3 and win last week, before losing their 4th game this week.

Secondly, my 2nd son looooooovvvess football. He was born in Chicago and roots for the Bears. But since the Bears are gone from the playoffs and are sitting in warmer climate, Ted Schauf, my dear 9-yr. old son, is rooting very hard for the Packers. Why? because his lucky father (lucky to have such a great son) was born in Wisconsin, lived there the 1st 26 years of his life and has roooooted for the Green Bay Packers since 1972!!! (& how many of you were even born before 1972, lol).

So, the Giants field goal kicker kicks the ball through the goal posts and helps beat the Packers 23-20, and my son stands there and cries and cries. I'm so busy consoling Teddy that I don't even feel bad for myself. I hug him a long time. I love my son. He's a great kid, and I'm a lucky father.

It was still a good season. I don't like the way it ended. I don't like that Plaxico Buress getting over 200 yards and taunting and chiding the Packers sideline and being an asshole poor sport. & anybody who complains about Brett Favre having a bad game can go straight to hell because the Packers would never have even made the playoffs if Favre didn't have the great season he had!

Because Buress really is an asshole, and he's going to get his but whipped with all the rest of his teammates. & if the New York Giants win the Super Bowl, I'll walk from Chicago to New York City in the winter because the improbability of that act matches the improbability of NY Giants beating a team, the New England Patriots, who have 18 wins 0 losses team. Really, I will walk all 800 miles (or is it 900?? I know it isn't 1,000 miles)

Uuuhhhhh, maybe not, if the GIants shock the 100s of millions of people watching the Super Bowl, I won't walk 800some miles to NY in shock because..................I can't afford to miss work, unless some reader out there pays for my lost wages and sponsors me. Really, I mean it...................Anyway, I'm reallly glad Ted feels better.

1 comment:

Amel said...

AWWWWWWWWWW...Ted's so ADORABLE!!! He cried and cried? Glad he's feeling better now. I guess he was REALLY into the game, eh? He he he he...Well, it's SUCH precious moments that you got to spend with your kids. I'm HAPPY to hear it! ;-D